Dear ACA parents and friends,
Welcome back to school! On behalf of our faculty and staff, I'd like to thank you for a successful first week of the 2018-19 season.
This year's enrollment stands at 119 students, solidly our highest to date since our 2011 founding. With 21 full- and part-time teachers and staff, our class sizes remain small but vibrant, a key long-term goal for us. We retain healthy venues partnerships with Belmar Church in Lakewood and Vietnamese Central Baptist Church in Edgewater, and we are thankful for our new and returning teachers who show our students how to know, love, and practice what is true, good, and beautiful.
Parents, thank you. You each know that education is one of the most important gifts you can give your children, and that the school you choose can have life-long consequences for good or ill. Education is not just academic formation: it forms hearts and souls.
With a view toward this whole-life mindset, I encourage you to partner with us and get involved at Edgewater and Lakewood. There are a few key ways you can do this:
- Bless and encourage your kids each day, whether in preschool or in high school. They need your daily guidance and support.
- Volunteer. We have designated workdays throughout the year as well as regular opportunities, events, and tasks you can plug in to.
- Visit your child's classrooms as much as you are able. Schedule a visit via our offices, but you're also welcome to drop by at any time.
- Stay informed with assignments via communication with your teachers. K-12 families can access assignments via ThinkWave.
- Regularly check our website calendar for school-wide events, and get connected to other parents and events via our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.
I am grateful to each of you for your continued commitment to ACA for the sake of your children. You are doing a good work for them, and we are honored to train them up for the glory of God and the good of all people.
Grace and Peace,
Head of School