We live in Colorado where snowy and icy conditions are a regular part of each winter. However, the safety of our students, parents, and teachers is paramount, so in the event of severe weather, school may be closed. Augustine Classical Academy does not currently use a delayed start.
How do we determine whether to close school? The following factors are in play:
- Are Jeffco schools open or closed? Jeffco maintains a good set of experts with a rigorous weather protocol, and as ACA is in Jeffco's district, Jeffco's actions largely determine our course.
- What is the weather outlook? Current conditions may worsen, or improve, and so we attempt to make decisions based on both current and future safety.
- ACA does not have a busing system with professional drivers. Even if Jeffco remains open, would ACA's private drivers of parents and teachers be put at undue risk by also remaining open?
- Do ACA's slim 4-day weeks and 142-day years merit a school cancellation? Given our scheduling model, missed school days are particularly valuable.
If we decide to close school, how will you know?
- You'll receive an email from ACA Alerts no later than 6:00 AM.
- A small alert banner will be placed at the top of our website's homepage.
Questions? Let us know! You can reach us at (720) 446-6286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.